Enrolling Your Child in a 4J School

WARNING: You are viewing an archival page. The information it contains may be out of date.

Please visit our current site at www.4j.lane.edu

 We welcome you and your student to Eugene School District 4J! 


When Should My Child Start School?

Children who are at least 5 years old by September 1 of the school year are eligible to attend kindergarten. Many schools hold kindergarten enrollment and orientation in April — contact your school for details.

Children who are 6 years old by September 1 may attend first grade.

Early enrollment


Can I Enroll My Child in a 4J School?

Do you live within the Eugene School District's boundaries?

Yes: You may enroll in your neighborhood school or make a school choice request to enroll in a different 4J school.

No: You may request an out-of-district transfer. Applications are due April 1 for the following school year.

Don't Know: The district encompasses most of Eugene and rural areas outside the city limits as well as the town of Coburg. The northwest area of Eugene is part of the Bethel School District. If you are not sure whether your residence is in 4J, you can look at a map, look up your address, or call 541-790-7550 for boundary information.

Not Yet: The student must live with his or her custodial parent or guardian within the Eugene School District boundaries before enrolling as a resident or submitting an in-district school choice request. 


What School Will My Child Attend?

Find My School

Enter your home address in the RLID Quick Look form to find your
neighborhood schools.


Neighborhood Schools: Every residence within 4J's boundaries is connected to a school at the elementary, middle and high school level. Most families choose to have their children attend their neighborhood schools, which offer many advantages. You may enroll your child in your neighborhood school at any time. You can find your neighborhood school online or call 541-790-7571.

School Choice:  You may transfer to a different neighborhood school, or to one of the district's alternative schools, if you feel it better meets your child’s needs, you can provide transportation, and there is space available at the school. School choice requests are granted in the order determined by an annual lottery, held each spring for the following school year. 


How Do I Enroll My Child at His or Her New School?

To enroll your child, first call your school office and check on times to enroll. You will need to bring your child's birth certificate, proof of residency, immunization records, and a recent report card or school transcript if your child has already attended school.

Many of the enrollment forms your school requires are available below. 


Enrollment Forms

Please print the forms that apply to you and return them to your school. Forms required for all students are marked with an asterisk (*). You may also pick up an enrollment packet at the school. Your child's school may require additional forms and information before the enrollment process can be completed.

Elementary Enrollment Form* for elementary schoolEnglishSpanishKorean
Secondary (Middle & High) Enrollment Form* for middle & high schoolEnglishSpanishKorean
Free & Reduced Price Lunch –  Apply online, or:EnglishSpanish / ElectrónicaKorean & other languages
Student Health Appraisal*EnglishSpanishKorean
Student Medical Report*EnglishSpanishKorean
Immunization RequirementsEnglishSpanishKorean
Certificate of Immunization*Form & Instructions in English Instructions in Spanish
Form & instructions in Korean
Race & Ethnicity Information Form*EnglishSpanishKorean
Student Residency Questionnaire*EnglishSpanishKorean
Home Language Survey*EnglishSpanishKorean
Migrant Education Program Eligibility Survey*EnglishSpanishKorean
Request for Student Records (required if student most recently attended a non-4J school) EnglishSpanishKorean
School Bus Transportation FormEnglishSpanishKorean
School Bus Transportation for KindergartenersEnglishSpanishKorean
Volunteer Interest FormEnglishSpanishKorean
Volunteer Background Check FormEnglishSpanishKorean
Volunteer Driver FormEnglishSpanishKorean